Super Simple Black Bean Corn Taquitos is a tasty, healthy recipe you can throw together easily any night of the week.This is something I like to make when I’m having a busy day or not quite as motivated in the kitchen. We all have those days. Even though I love to cook and create new recipes, sometimes I just want to make something that’s quick, nutritious and also full of lots of great flavors. And this is one of my go to recipes for that.
These taquitos have less than five ingredients not including the spices and there is not a lot of chopping or dicing involved. So I’ve probably won you over by now I hope.
I made these with gluten free wraps but you could substitute with any other wraps. My favorite wraps are Rudi’s Plain Tortillas. The first time I tried these I was hooked. I really did struggle to find a good gluten free option for some of my favorite Mexican dishes.
Does anyone else have a favorite gluten free wrap that you use?They don’t hold together quite as good as the ones with gluten in them but I assure you that there is no comprising flavor with these and ultimately flavor is what counts.
I like to top mine with a few dashes of hot sauce but this is optional if you’re not into the heat thing. I guess I’m just a hot sauce lover and tend to throw a few dashes of it into a lot of things. Eggs, Rice, Potatoes, etc. etc. I think it can take a lot of recipes up a notch or two. And it definitely added some great flavor to these taquitos.
So whether or not you’re into the hot sauce thing I think you would probably enjoy these as a quick and tasty weeknight dinner requiring minimal effort!!
- 1 box black beans(11-14 ounce size)
- ½ cup frozen corn kernels rinsed
- ⅓ cup red onion finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- green onions and hot sauce optional toppings
- 1½ cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4-6 wraps*
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile mix beans, corn, onion, garlic, cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, and salt & pepper to taste in mixing bowl.
- Brush both sides of wraps with olive oil. Then fill wraps evenly with bean mixture, then cheese.
- Roll and place seam side down on baking pan.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with any optional ingredients.