These 7 Ingredient Cauliflower Hash Browns are easy to prepare, tasty, and a lower carb alternative to hash browns made with potatoes. Great addition to breakfast or the perfect side for dinner. Gluten Free & Vegetarian.
Hey, Hey friends do you guys love Hash Browns as much as me? Silly question..Huh!
Well if you answered YES, and unless you’re a little bit weird or something I’m sure most of you did…then get ready to Enjoy these 7 Ingredient Cauliflower Hash Browns.
And since hash browns have always been a favorite breakfast item of mine, then making them out of cauliflower just seemed like the next best thing to do.
Plus…since it’s cauliflower you can eat more of them without all the guilt!
And believe me when I say I did. Not too much in the way of leftovers the next day.
These are great dipped in ketchup or even just along side some eggs and since you don’t have all the carbs you can even add some grits..
Yummm, now that’s my kind of breakfast although I think we actually had it for dinner.
Do you guys like to eat breakfast for dinner?
Especially since most of the time breakfast needs to be really quick or to go.
Hence making it dinner can be a great option. What’s your favorite breakfast food?
And definitely making it yourself is better than some of those places where I used to eat breakfast late at night back in the day. Haha!! Don’t want to give you all those boring details.
Even though it was totally delicious at the time, I’ve now gotten wiser in my food choices and lifestyle.
7 Ingredient Cauliflower Hash Browns are…
- A tasty, easy to prepare lower carb option
- Great served along side your favorite breakfast foods
- Or even as a side with dinner
- Kid friendly
- Gluten free & Vegetarian
- Breakfast for Dinner made with healthier cauliflower
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- ⅓ cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 3-4 tbsp. Gluten Free Sprouted Oat flour
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- Rice cauliflower using a food processor or box grater.
- Lay cauliflower on paper towels or using a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Place in large mixing bowl along with onion, garlic, cheddar cheese, eggs, oat flour and cornstarch.
- Mix well and add salt & pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile melt oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Place equal portions into pan and press down in shape of patties.
- Cook 6-7 minutes per side.
I used an ice cream scoop to make equal sized patties and then just pressed them down.